Break Addiction’s Grasp
At our Wilmington, NC-based counseling practice, our skilled addictions counselors help individuals recover from substance use disorders. Therefore, we will create a personalized treatment plan with you. Most importantly, we will work together to get you on the road to recovery and back to leading your best life.
Substance Use Disorders
Today, it is nearly impossible to view any type of media without seeing something about addiction. Certainly, this highlights addictions’s immense impact on society. So, whether addiction impacts you personally or someone you know, it’s clear that the reach of these disorders is large. And, the first step for you or a loved one struggling with addiction is to seek help from a professional addictions counselor.
Signs & Symptoms of Substance Use Disorders
For example, here are some signs, symptoms, or behaviors that may indicate a substance abuse disorder or addiction:
- Feeling that you have to use the drug on a regular basis (daily or even several times a day)
- Having intense urges for the substance that supersede other thoughts or feelings
- Needing more of the substance to get the same effect (over a period of time)
- Taking measures to ensure that you don’t run out of the substance
- Spending money on the substance, even if you can’t afford it
- Not upholding important responsibilities or obligations
- Avoiding social interactions with others
- Doing things to get the substance that you normally wouldn’t do, such as stealing
- Engaging in risky or dangerous behaviors such as driving when you’re under the influence
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when you attempt to stop using the substance
Common Reasons to Seek Out Substance Abuse Counseling
Perhaps you’ve found yourself ready to begin the addiction treatment process. On the other hand, maybe you just want additional support to maintain the recovery you’ve achieved. Further, maybe you want a better understanding of how best to “be there” for a loved one on their journey toward wellness. So, whatever the reason that’s brought you to Evolution Wellness, we are glad you’re here. In addition, our skilled addiction counselors look forward to discussing how we can meet your needs in substance abuse counseling in Wilmington, NC.
Addiction is a complex health concern that impacts the mind and body. Consequently, to achieve and sustain recovery, people must invest in creating a network of support. But, therapy can be an integral part of that support network. Therefore, some reasons professional counseling can help as part of the recovery and relapse prevention plan include:
- Preventing relapse
- Reducing stress related to detox
- Developing coping strategies when urges arise
- Creating a new social network
- Increasing motivation
- Changing self-defeating behaviors
- Resolving underlying issues that may be a catalyst for substance use
- Building new habits and practices
- Learning how to establish healthy boundaries
Substance Abuse Counseling
Your addiction recovery journey is as unique as you are. Therefore, finding an addictions counselor who will support your efforts and create a personalized treatment plan will lead to long-term success. Moreover, recovery from addiction is much more than “getting on the wagon.”
So, during the substance abuse counseling process, you will identify, analyze, and change thought and behavior patterns. As a result, you will be able to make overall lifestyle changes to “stay on the wagon.” Most importantly, you’ll learn how to keep that wagon on a path to a fulfilling and satisfying life.
For example, here are ways an addictions counselor can help:
- Working with you to gain or maintain employment
- Helping you understand the nature of your substance abuse disorder
- Finding and understanding the root cause of your addiction
- Identifying and unraveling deep emotional traumas, attachment disorders, social contributors, and life stressors that play a role in addiction
- Creating new awareness and providing guidance in moving toward the future
- Supporting you while creating the support networks you need to break free of substance abuse and addiction
- Collaborating with you to create concrete plans to improve your life
- Working with your family to help them heal from the trauma inflicted by addiction
Begin Substance Abuse Counseling in Wilmington, NC
Struggling with addiction is not an easy battle. So, our addictions counselors believe that you deserve support and understanding while figuring this out. If you are ready to tackle addiction in substance abuse counseling in Wilmington, NC, follow these steps.
Other Services at Evolution Counseling and Wellness
Here at our Wilmington, NC-based counseling practice, we provide a variety of services to help you reach wellness. From anxiety and depression treatment to trauma therapy and EDMR, we want to support you. Further, along with our individual services, our therapists provide family and couples therapy, too. Family services include couples therapy, divorce counseling, premarital counseling, and therapy for teens. In addition, all of this is available to you in person or online in North Carolina.