Break Addiction’s Grasp
At Evolution Wellness in Wilmington, NC, our professional counselors can help when you’re struggling with substance use disorders. By creating a personalized substance abuse treatment plan, we can partner with you to get on the road to recovery and back to leading your best life.
Substance Use Disorders
It is nearly impossible to view any type of media today without seeing something about substance use disorders and their impact on our society. Whether substance abuse impacts you personally or someone you know, it’s clear that the reach of these disorders is considerable. The first step towards your personal recovery with substance abuse or supporting someone you love in their substance abuse recovery process, is seeking help from a professional who is trained in treating addictions.
Common Reasons to Seek Out Professional Counseling Services
Perhaps you’ve found yourself ready to begin the substance abuse treatment process or you simply want additional support to maintain the recovery you’ve achieved. Maybe you want a better understanding of how best to “be there” for someone you love on their journey towards wellness. Whatever reasons brought you to Evolution Wellness, we are glad to see you and look forward to discussing how we can meet your needs through substance abuse counseling.
Addiction and substance use disorders are complex health concerns that impact your mind and body. To achieve and sustain recovery, people need to invest in creating a network of support, and therapy can be an integral part of that support network. Some reasons for professional counseling as part of the recovery and relapse prevention plan for individuals with substance use disorders include:
- Prevent relapse
- Prevent stress related to detox
- Develop coping strategies when urges hit
- Develop a new social network
- Increase motivation
- Change self-defeating behaviors
- Resolve underlying issues that may be a catalyst for substance use
- Build new habits and practices
- Learn how to establish healthy boundaries
Therapy for Substance Use Disorders
Your substance use recovery journey is as unique as you are. Finding a counselor who can work with you to support your efforts and create a personalized substance abuse treatment plan is essential for long-term success. Substance abuse recovery is much more than “getting on the wagon.” Through the substance abuse counseling process, an individual learns to change their thought and behavioral patterns, as well as make overall lifestyle changes to “stay on the wagon,” and just as importantly, to keep that wagon on a path to a fulfilling and satisfying life.
Some ways a substance abuse counselor can help:
- Working with you to gain or maintain employment.
- Helping you understand the nature of your substance abuse addiction.
- Finding and understanding the root cause of substance use.
- Identifying and unraveling the deep emotional traumas, attachment disorders, impactful social contributors, and life stressors that may play a role in addiction.
- Creating new awareness and providing guidance in moving toward the future.
- Helping you to create the support networks you need to break free of substance abuse and addiction.
- Helping you create concrete plans to improve your life.
- Working with your family to help them heal from the trauma inflicted by substance abuse addiction.
Together We Can Tackle What’s Holding You Back
We know this can be hard. It’s possible that you’ve been debating seeking help for months, if not years. We are so glad you found us and have taken the courageous first step to learn more about counseling.
We are confident that, by working together, we can equip you with the tools you need to face and overcome all of the challenges in your life. Whether you’re struggling with anxiety, marital problems, substance abuse, or depression, it is important that you know you don’t have to be alone in this journey. Let’s do this together.
Reach out to Evolution Wellness in Wilmington, NC to get started today.